Sunday, January 29, 2017

Feedback Thoughts

I love getting feedback! It is really scary sometimes, especially if you're a bit iffy about your work. I read "5 Tips For Taking Feedback Like a Champ" and thought the article had good points. It is a bit uncomfortable, but eventually, you get over it. It does come back sometimes, though. I never really thought about the positive in having growth areas-- not in the perspective that allows me to realize that I can still continue growing. Hearing that makes me happy and motivated to do better. I also read "Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head" and I think that's a huge issue when it comes to writing. When it comes to ourselves (this is not only in writing), we're very critical and nit-picky. I definitely think we're too hard on ourselves. Sometimes, when I write, I don't like where the story goes, but I remind myself that this is my story. It might be boring because I've reread it over and over again-- so maybe others will like it. It's good to look for the positive and use that as motivation. People give feedback to help you (at least the people who give constructive feedback), so even if you might not like it, keep an open mind!


Giving feedback is difficult because sometimes it feels repetitive or I just don't know what to say. "Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset" is an awesome article and it really helps as a guide to providing feedback. I would definitely appreciate getting feedback based off that article, so I will try my best to apply the advice they give in this class. "7 Key Characteristics Of Better Learning Feedback" is another excellent article that goes in-depth with what would be great feedback. It helps me think of what comments and advice would be good for an author's improvement.

Honestly, I do not comment very often on people's stories on the art site I usually go on because I don't usually know what to say. When I do give feedback, I try to tell them what I liked (how they portrayed the characters, the amount of detail/imagery, etc) and why I liked it. I also like talking about their writing style because everyone has a unique one. I try to go into detail and talk about how the story made me feel.

Good Feedback. Source.



No comments:

Post a Comment