Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Reading Notes: Aesop's Fables (Winter), Part B

The Wolf and the Shepherd

A wolf hangs nearby sheep and earns the shepherd's suspicions, but the wolf never does anything. However, the moment the shepherd decides that the wolf is harmless, he leaves. The wolf eats all the sheep and the shepherd learns the hard way not to trust wolves. This story reminds me of how in TV shows or games, there's this character that you never know is good or bad. They end up helping people, but in the end, they're actually traitors. There could be a story about that.

The Mouse and the Weasel

A mouse squeezes into a basket and ate so much food that he couldn't escape; no one helped him so he would learn the consequences of his actions. The last line is "Greediness leads to misfortune". I think I could do a retelling of King Midas and go deeper into talking about the development of his emotions, since his love of gold took away his daughter.


Mouse. Source.

I liked the stories in part B, but there were some themes I didn't know how to work with or turn into a story. I think I'll have to rely on my notes from part A for this week's storytelling




No comments:

Post a Comment