Sunday, March 26, 2017

Reading Notes: Blackfeet Indian Stories, Part A


The Wolf Dog


Once again, I'm always baffled whenever family members or loved ones kill each other without a second thought. For this story, I think it'd be cool if I wrote about a wife who never cared for her husband and never loved him. She only married him for her own benefit and when he tries to teach her a lesson, she tries to kill him. It'd be a modern twist.


The Camp of Ghosts


I was hoping this story would have a happy ending. That, or I thought the wife would disappear because he would open his eyes. I could write a story about how the wife wants to come back, but she knows her husband would open his eyes and lose her all over again, which would bring more pain to him. 


How the Thunder Pipe Came


I love the personification of Thunder, but I wonder why he would steal women. I could go into detail about this in a story and possibly provide a reason/motive for this behavior. 


The Theft from the Sun

I liked this story! This is why you never steal from people. I think I could change the characters up but still keep the theme of the story. I do like the personification of the sun, but I'm not sure what someone could steal from the sun in a realistic story.

The Great Sun by wolf-minori. Source.

Bibliography. "Blackfeet Indian Stories" by Grinnell.

No comments:

Post a Comment