Saturday, April 1, 2017

Reading Notes: Aeseop's Fables (English), Part A


The Wolf and the Shepherd's Boy

I always loved this story. It'd be easy to try to make a story based off someone who always cries wolf and only earns distrust from people, but maybe I can add some sort of twist so the plot isn't easy to predict. I also like this line:

"Those who are known to have deceived,
When they speak truth, are not believ'd."
I think I could start out the story with that quote!

The Wolf and the Shepherds

This line sticks out to me:

"The powerful too oft abuse
Rights which to others they refuse."

I really like it because it shows how the powerful and corrupt can harm others, so it makes me think of a cruel king or ruler who treats his people poorly. I could have someone get payback on the king because of his behavior or it can be some noble who disrespects others and is selfish.


"The Force of Nature is infinitely beyond that of Discipline and Imitation."

I think this is a beautiful quote! Definitely had me thinking. I think it would be challenging to incorporate into a story using that theme, so I'm not entirely sure what I would be able to do with it; maybe show how dominate nature is against everything.

Wolf. Source

Bibliography. Aeseop's Fables by Sir Robert L'Estrange

No comments:

Post a Comment