Saturday, April 1, 2017

Reading Notes: The Nursery Rhyme Book, Part A

Proverbs

I think the story about sneezing is cute. Since it's over the course of most of the week, there could be a story about every day that follows the prompt. I also enjoy the story about the one who thrives; it could tie in with someone who constantly wakes early to go to work and put all their efforts in.

"As the days lengthen, so the storms strengthen."

It's a simple line, but could revolve around a rainy, gloomy day. I could even personify rain.

Songs

"Say, will you marry me, my pretty maid?"
"Yes, if you please, kind sir," she said.
"What is your fortune, my pretty maid?"
"My face is my fortune, sir," she said.
"Then I can't marry you, my pretty maid!"
"Nobody asked you, sir," she said.


I don't really know how to tie this in with a story, but I thought it was funny. I like sassy characters; they're always fun to write. I do have a vague idea about someone trying to go after another person just for their fortune and going into more detail about it.

Rain. Source

Bibliography. The Nursery Rhyme Book by L. Leslie Brooke.

No comments:

Post a Comment