Saturday, April 1, 2017

Reading Notes: Ovid's Metamorphoses, Part A

Cupid and Dis

I like the idea of being able to write Cupid and how he is able to affect people so easily. I'm not one for cheesy stories, but I think it would be funny if Cupid happened to shoot the wrong person and has to watch in worry about what would happen to them.

Dis and Proserpine

I love the story of Proserpine (though I've never seen the characters referred to by these names). I could either write from the perspective of Proserpine or Cyane-- or I can do both. If anything, I could write a happy ending for Proserpine-- one where she manages to be with her mother forever and escapes from Dis.

Arachne rejects Minerva

I was surprised at Minerva; this was a side I hadn't expected of her. There could be a story about what happens when she is pushed to a certain point and when she is disrespected as a goddess. Rather than always seeing her as patient, I'd like to branch out and see what happens when she snaps.

Minerva. Source

Bibliography. Ovid's Metamorphoses by Tony Kline.

1 comment:

  1. I like the writing notes you did for each story. I liked that you wrote your thoughts more clearly next to the story so we can see how your through process works in choosing on what story to focus on. I think the first story would be cliché but interesting. If cupid did get the wrong person what would happen to the person they were supposed to be with. What this be a story about love and loss or how two people meant to be will be together. I think with that story you could go multiple ways.

    ReplyDelete