Sunday, February 26, 2017

Reading Notes: Notes on the Folklore of the Fjort, Part B

The Turtle and the Man

I was a little surprised that a turtle was the trickster this time; it was a nice surprise, though. I wasn't expecting him to die in the ending. The moral of the story could be used and applied to a story of my own-- I could have a trickster who constantly cheats people, but ends up cheating himself somehow.


The Rabbit and the Antelope


This story would be a good inspiration since the lesson is to not take advantage of others. It would be easy to incorporate this theme into one of my own.


The Leopard and the Crocodile


This was a clever story! It'd be fun to come up with a way that a character would trick others and turn them against each other.



Baby Antelope. Source.

Bibliography. Notes on the Folklore of the Fjort by Richard Edward Dennett (1898).

No comments:

Post a Comment