Monday, February 6, 2017

Reading Notes: Persian Tales, Part B

The Story of the Wolf-Bride

I like this quote: "Whatever is willed by fate, that verily comes to pass". It has a similar theme to one of my other stories, however. I did enjoy the story and I could write from the perspective of the wife; she had no idea that she would turn into a wolf, nor did she really comprehend what happened. I think writing the shock she went through would be entertaining.


The Apparition of the Prophet Khizr

I liked that the husband did so much in order for his wife to have a good life. It would be a good story to talk about the sacrifices we make for the sake of others. In this case, his situation happened to work out perfectly, so I could write out how despite the sacrifice made, everything turns out to work out for the best.

Khizr. Source.

Again, I liked the stories but couldn't seem to find any inspiration to write anything based off of them.

Bibliography: Persian Tales by David Lorimer and Emily Lorimer.


No comments:

Post a Comment