Monday, February 6, 2017

Reading Notes: Persian Tales, Part A

The Boy Who Became a Bulbul

The story was interesting and left me with a lot of questions. Why would the father and son willingly agree to a bet that would end up killing one of them? Why did the father sabotage his son and why did the step-mother even think of that bet? It would be intriguing to explore more about the father and possibly develop a reason why he agreed to the bet.


Brown-eared Bulbul. Source.


The Wolf-Aunt

This story reminded me of Little Red Riding Hood. There can be a story in the aunt's perspective. It could describe her emotions and the deceit she plans whenever she talks to her brother. It would be interesting to be able to portray her feelings throughout the story.

I didn't manage to get any ideas from the rest of the stories, but I think with the current ideas I have as of now, I will be able to write a story.

Bibliography: Persian Tales by David Lorimer and Emily Lorimer.


No comments:

Post a Comment